City of Pine & City of School
There are many Govt and private hospitals in Abbottabad
1. Ayub Teaching Hospital, (Ayub Medical Complex) Abbottabad:
Ayub Teaching Hospital is started in 1996 and upgraded in 1998 upto 1000 bedded hospital, It has its own autonomous body of the Provincial Government KPK, funded by the KPK government. ATH is run by Management Council (MC) comprising of 5 non official & 4 official members and Chief Executive is the Chairman of this body.
500+ employees of this hospital and more than 200 nurses are working in this hospital
2. Benazir Hospital (DHQ) Abbottabad 0992-333739, 342162, 9310198, 9310199
3. Benazir Women Hospital (Women & Children) Gammi Adda Abbottabad
4. Canttonment Hospital near Lady Garden Abbottabad
5. AL-SYED HOSPITAL
Mansehra road, Mandian, Abbottabad Ph: +92-992-382710
6. ALTAF HOSPITAL
Link Road, Near Govt. Degree College for Women Abbottabad.Ph: +92-992-3353270
7. BACH CHRISTIAN HOSPITAL
Qalander abad, Mansehra road, Abbottabad Ph: +92-992-370007
8. Al -Ishaq Hospital Karakoram Highway, Jhangi, Abbottabad Cell 0300-8110203, 0992-380421, 381186
9.Gilani Hospital Mansehra Road Abbottabad Phone: 0992-3826260
10. Hira General Hospital Hospital Road, near Kunj Ground Abbottabad Phone: 0992-3344030, 3360630
11. INOR Cancer Hospital Gate No. Ayub Teaching Hospital, Mandian Ph: 0992-383149, 385462
12. Mahida Hospital China Center, Karakoram Highway Abbottabad Ph: 0992-336060
13. Nazir Bhatti Memorial & Neuro Surgical Centre Mansehra Road, Mandian, Ph: 0992-384537
14.Orash Hospital Mansehra Road, Mandian, Abbottabad Phone: 0992-381356, 385101
The Ayub Teaching Hospital (ATH) started functioning in 1998 with only a few basic departments as the DHQ Hospital Abbottabad had remained the affiliated teaching hospital of the college for a period of 18 years till completion of the ATH buildings. All departments have now been shifted to the ATH.
The newly constructed buildings of Ayub Teaching Hospital have all general clinical disciplines like Medicine, Surgery and their allied subspecialties, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Radiology, Oncology and Critical Care Units, Laboratories etc.
The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Pakistan has recognized many of its departments for postgraduate training. The Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists of UK has granted recognition to the Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology for clinical training of the candidates who wish to take MRCOG in UK.
The hospital now offers state-of-the-art facilities in all departments, with modern computerized medical equipment and trained staff. It is the only tertiary care centre for Hazara Division and is fast becoming the focal point for patient care in the region.